Huddle, et. al. CA No. 88-3130 Plaintiffs pro se Judge Joyce Hens Green v.
Reagan, et. al. Defendants.
I, Concepcion Picciotto, hereby declare under penalty of perjury that the following is accurate and correct to the best of my knowledge and recollection.
1. Because of my religious convictions I have been conducting a continuous presence in Lafayette Park since the summer of 1981.
2. My continuous presence in the park has never caused any impacts which the park could not sustain.
3. When 36 CFR 7.96 (g)(x)(B)(2) became effective during April, 1986 together with William Thomas I carefully engineered two signs with the intent of being in strict compliance to the size limitations laid out in 36 CFR 7.96 (g)(x)(B)(2).
4. Beginning in April, 1986 together with William Thomas I have attended those signs in the park virtually each and every day until February 2, 1991. Video @ .05.
5. On February 2, 1991 Sgt. McNally, acting in concert with numerous Park Police agents under the direct supervision of Lt. Clipper, seized the signs and literature which I had maintained in conjunction with Thomas since April, 1986. Video @ 3.36.
6. Sgt. McNally knew my name, and told me that he would issue a citation violation. Instead of issuing a citation Sat. McNally caused me to be detained and imprisoned.
7. Because I do not want to be arrested for "camping," since 1982 I have almost never laid down. I think it is torture to force me to never get more sleep than a nap sitting up, so that I can keep my vigil and avoid being arrested. But almost never during the last nine years have I closed my eyes while laying down.
8. Because of constant police harassment over the years I have been subjected to extreme emotional stress.
9. On March 1, 1991 Sgt. Rule stated that I would be arrested if I was sitting on a blanket.
10. At approximately 1:00 AM on March 5, 1991 Sgt. Rule threatened me with arrest for camping. I was kneeling on a folded blanket. Sgt. Rule said that I had to stand up.
11. Again at approximately 1:00 AM on March 6, 1991 Sgt. Rule threatened me with arrest for camping. I was kneeling on a folded blanket. Sgt. Rule said that I had to stand up.
12. Again at approximately 3:00 AM on March 7, 1991 a Park Police officer with Sgt. Rule threatened me with arrest for camping. I was sitting on a piece of cardboard. Video @ 109.04. Sgt. Rule said that I had to stand up. This _th day of March, 1991,
CONCEPCION PIOCCIOTTO pro se
Washington, D.C. 20038