Letter toiWilliam Thomas 3/18/94
United States Department of Forest Service
1720 Peachtree Road, NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30367
Reply to: 6270-1
Date: March 18, 1994
Mr. William Thomas
2817 11th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
Dear Mr. Thomas:
We have received your February 23, 1994, Freedom of Information
Act request for Rainbow Gathering law enforcement information
from National Forests in Alabama and Kentucky, that was forwarded
on March 1, 1994, from our Washington Office. The requested
information is being researched on both National Forests.
You have requested a fee waiver, but do not explain how the
information will be used for educational purposes, or how the
information would contribute significantly to public
understanding of the operations and activities of the government.
We cannot grant a fee waiver based on this request.
If you wish to pursue a fee waiver, please clarify the
information you provided in your 2/23/94 letter, and respond in
writing to the following items.
If you have any questions about the fee waiver criteria, please
contact our FOIA coordinator Larry Theivagt at (404) 347-7229.
1. The use or uses for which the documents are sought.
2. the manner in which the requested information is expected to benefit primarily the general public.
3. The segment or portion of the public and/or geographic area expected to benefit from the information sought.
4. An explanation of how you have used any previous documents received under a fee waiver, and how such information was disseminated to benefit primarily the general public.
5. Whether you will use the information to generate income.
Marvin C. Meier
Acting Regional Forester
cc: NF's in Alabama and Daniel Boone NF
FS Regs Page | PCU Administrative Record
Rainbow in Court | Government Views | Public Views
1601 Pennsylvania Avenue