UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Plaintiff, pro se,
v. C.A. No.________________
The United States, et. al.
AFFIDAVIT OF FRANK WALL 3RD
I, Frank Wall 3rd, hereby state under penalty of perjury, that the following
is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and recollection.
1. On November 4, 1996, at approximately 2 or 3 pm I was standing about
twenty feet to the west of Concepcion Picciotto's and William Thomas' signs in
Lafayette Park when I saw camera people come up to Thomas.
2. I saw a policeman, with a scar on his upper lip, who I have been told is named Lombardi, come up and say something pertaining to the legality of the camera crew.
3. I heard Thomas say something like that the camera people had a right to
use the camera so long as it was on their shoulder.
4. I moved closer so that I could hear better what was going on, because
Thomas wasn't speaking very loudly.
5. I heard the policeman ask Thomas whether he was a lawyer. I didn't hear
6. There was some short talk between Thomas and another policeman, which I
couldn't hear much of except Thomas said something like, "Why don't you
take a walk and let me do this interview?"
7. The policeman crossed his arms over his chest, and Thomas went on the
grassy area north of the signs and did the interview.
8. The camera people left, and Thomas came around and sat between the two
9. One of the officers walked over to Thomas, I could not clearly hear
exactly what was said, but it appeared he was indicating some literature and
said something to Thomas.
10. After five or ten minutes Thomas got on his bicycle and peddled up to go
out of the park, and then peddled back to where I was standing and told me that
he would bring me some literature the next day.
11. Thomas didn't hardly get it out of his mouth before the police officer
was there. He didn't give Thomas a chance to leave the park before he grabbed
a hold of Thomas, and spilled a cup of chocolate that Thomas was holding on my
12. Thomas, who wasn't resisting, was handcuffed. I moved a couple of
steps away from the incident when a Secret Service officer came up to me, like
he was dealing with two criminals, and said, "Move, move, move away, Frank."
13. There was no need for that at Secret Service officer to say anything at
Frank Wall 3rd
2262 SFC 736
Forest City, Alabama
Contents | Case Listing
1601 Pennsylvania Ave. |