MARY HUDDLE and PHILIP JOSEPH, et. al., ) ) Plaintiffs, Pro Se, ) ) CA 88-3130-JHG versus ) ) Judge Joyce Hens Green RONALD WILSON REAGAN, et. al., ) ________________________________________)
I, Concepcion Picciotto, declare under penalty of perjury that the following is accurate and correct to the best of my knowledge and recollection.
l. Since August of l98l I have tried to maintain a continuous presence in Lafayette Park with the intent and for the purpose of communicating with the public on issues of broad concern.
2. During that period officials of the U.S. Park Police, U.S. Secret Service OR D.C. Metropolitan Police have confronted me on almost a daily basis.
3. Almost always these confrontations have been rude, often they have been threatening, intimidating, somethimes they have seemed irrational.
4. For example, on at least three occasions (on or about December l6, l986, March 23, l987, and March 27, l987), when I was sweeping the sidewalk in the immediate area of my signs and literature, I was threatened, intimidated, and given citations of violating 36 CFR 7.96, "unattended structures."
5. None of those incidents resulted in prosecution.
6. Since l982 I have almost never laid down due to my fear that I will be charged with violating 36 CFR 7.96, "camping." Sitting or standing 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for months at a time, results in physical pain, and is horrible.
7. Just the same, on or about March 25, l988 I was given a citation for "camping" when I was sitting up.
8. The facts of those cases have never been tried in court.
this ___ day of January, l989,
Plaintiff, Pro Se
Post Office Box 4931
Washington, D.C. 20008