USPP Public Gathering Permit
United States Department of the Interior
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE
National Capitol Region
1100 Ohio Drive, SW
Washington, D.C. 20242
PUBLIC GATHERING PERMIT
In accordance with Park Regulations as contained in C.F.R., Title 36, Chapter 1, Section 7.96, permission os granted to conduct a public gathering to the following:
Person(s) and/or Organization(s): WHITE HOUSE ANTI-NUCLEAR VIGIL
Date(s): 12/16/94 To: 12/22/94
Time: Starting: 12:01 AM Ending: 12 AM
Location(s): LAFAYETTE PARK, CENTER OF SOUTH SIDEWALK
Purpose(s): TO CONCRETIZE THE CONCEPTS THAT DECENT CIVILIZED PEOPLE DO NOT "NUKE" FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS.
Anticipated number of participants: 1
Person(s) in Charge: CONCEPCION PICCIOTTO
Address(es): P.O. BOX 4931, WASHINGTON DC 20009
Telephone Nos. Day: 202-462-0757
This permit is granted subject to the following conditions:
Robert G. Stanton
- Permittee and all participants authorized therein must comply with all of the conditions of this permit and with all reasonable directions of the United States Park Police.
- All sidewalks, walkways, and roadways must remain unobstructed to allow for the reasonable use of these areas by pedestrians, behicles, and other park visitors.
APPLICANT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR READING AND ADHERING TO THE ATTACHED REGULATIONS CONCERNING SIGNS, STRUCTURES AND CAMPING IN LAFAYETTE PARK.
- All laws, rules and regulations applicable to the area covered by this permit remain in effect.
- No fee may be collected, donations solicited, nor commercial activity conducted, and no articles, except those expressing views through printed matter, such as newspapers, pamphlets, posters, buttons, or bumper stickers, may be offered for sale.
- The area must be left in substantially the same condition as it was prior to the activities authorized herein, and all litter shall beplaced in the trash containers provided.
- This permit is applicable only for the use of the area designed above, and during the times designated above, or in any area as may hereafter be designated by the United States Park Police.
- The use of sound amplification equipment, or other hand-portable sound amplification equipment to be used for crowd control purposes only, is prohibited on the White House Sidewalk (South 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., sidewalk between East Executive Avenue). All sound amplification equipment shall be limited so that it will not unreasonably disturb nonparticipating persons in, or in the vicinity of, the area.
- The National Park Service reserves the right to immediately revoke this permit at any time should it reasonably appear that the public gathering presents a clear and present danger to the public safety, good order or health, or if any conditions of this permit are violated.
National Capital Region
Chief, Dibision of