Hiroshima/Nagasaki Peace Committee
of the National Capital Area
For the Sake of the Future
1997 Hiroshima/Nagasaki Commemoration Activities
16th Annual Hiroshima Remembrance
Tuesday, August 5, 1997 6:30-10:00p.m.
- Special Butterfly Release for Peace
- Moment of Silence at 7:15 p.m. (Instant of Hiroshima's Death)
- Testimony from A-Bomb Survivor (Hibakusha) & Other Radiation Victims
- Children's Program ()Dedicated to Josephine Butler)
- Speakers & Cultural Presentations
- Memorial Candle Lantern Float at Dusk
Candlelight Vigil to Remember Nagasaki
Friday, August 8th, 1997 9:45 - 10:30 p.m.
Lafayette (Peace) Park Across From White House
March to Abolish Nuclear Weapons &
Saturday Auugust 9th, 1997 1:00 p.m.
Depleted Uranium "Conventional Weapons"
(Rally at Veteran's Administration, Vermont Ave. & H Street, N.W.
March to Dept. of Energy
- Abolish all Nuclear weapons
- Ban Depleted Uranium 'Conventional' Weapons
- Stop th Cassini Space Probe
- Clean up Nuclear Waste
Initiated by: International Action Center& Hiroshima/Nagasaki Peace Committee
Endorsed by: Gray Panthers, Women Strike for Peace, Shundahai Network, Proposition One Committee, Washington Peace Center, Union of American Hebrew Congregations, Nuclear Information and Resource Service, National Committee of Radiation Victims, Piscataway Indian Nation, Peace Action, Veterans For Peace, Ward Valley Coalition, Conversion for Reclaiming the Earth In the Americas (CREA), Alliance of Atomic Veterans, Jonah House, Japan Confederation of A & H Bomb Sufferers Organization (HIDANYO), War Resisters League, Concerned Relatives of Cancer Study Patients (CROSCP) (Endorsement List in Formation) For Information Call Louise-Franklin Ramirez at:
Phone: (703) 222-7570
Planning meetings Thursdays, 6 p.m., Gray Panthers, 711 8th St. N.W.
(Gallery Place Metro)
7615 Lake Drive, Manassas, VA 20111